Dance and Music Exchange FAQ’s
What is Dance and Music Exchange?
- Dance and Music Exchange is a website brings together buyers and sellers of Dance and Music products.
How do I become a seller on Dance and Music Exchange?
- First you’ll need to register for a DanceandMusicExchange.com account.
- Once you’ve registered for an account, you can begin to sell items. To do this, click the Sell an Item button at the top of the page and follow the on-screen instructions.
- You will need a valid credit card (or a debit card with a credit card logo) to become a seller Dance and Music Exchange.
What You Can Sell
- Any Used dance or music item.
How To Sell
- Click on the Sell an Item button at the top of the page and follow the on-screen instructions.
Do I have to charge a Tax Amount?
Well, it depends… We recommend that you check the “rules” that are in place for your state. We provide the Tax field for you to use if needed, we do not make it required. You are responsible for ensuring that you are following the laws and regulations for selling on consignment in your state/area.
For Example, in California, if you are selling on an ongoing basis (i.e. continually selling items for 90 days or more), then technically you are “in business” as a consignment retailer and must have a CA resale license, and must charge 7.75% when selling on our website to other CA residents. Otherwise, if you utilize our website to sell an item “every now and then”, then the sales tax does not apply.
How long is an item listed for?
Items are listed until up to 90 days, or until they sell. If a listing is not sold after 90 days, then it is considered expired. However, the seller can Relist the item.
- Members – Buyers and Sellers (everybody)
- Anybody can join our website for free.
- We do not charge any fees to buy items listed on the website.
- Sellers - Pay As You Go (50 cents +3.5% of item price)
- 50 cents to list the item for 90 days, or until the item sells.
- Once the item is sold, 3.5% of the item price will be due.
- Sellers – Subscriber ($15.00 / month):
- Unlimited number of listings.
- Subscription lasts 30 days.
- Subscription can be renewed/extended after 30 days.
- All sellers fees, whether for Pay as You Go or Subscriptions are paid using a credit card or debit card.
- Pay As You Go fees will be charged when a new item is posted.
- Subscription fees will be charged when a subscription is purchased.
- If a Sale Fee is due (3.5% of item price), then each week, we will send you an email notification for each item that has an outstanding Sale Fee.
- If any Sale Fees are not paid after 90 days, then we will not allow you to list any further items until the Outstanding Sale Fee(s) are paid.
- You can also pay the outstanding Sale Fee for any item by going to My Account, then click on Pay Sale Fee link for the particular item..
Selling Through PayPal
- In order to sell your item via PayPal, you must open an account with PayPal. Signing up with PayPal is free.
- Once you have registered an account with PayPal, you can sell items via Dance and Music Exchange.
- When you add an item to sell, you will be asked to enter your PayPal Email Address. Simply enter the email address that you used to register with on PayPal.
Accepting Check Payment
- When you add an item to sell, you will be asked if you would like to “Accept Payment by Check”.
- If you want to give your buyers the option to pay you via a check (mailed to you), then select “Yes”
- If an item is Sold via a Check Payment, it is your responsibility to diligently communicate with the buyer in order to ensure that you receive your payment promptly.
- We recommend that you deposit the check and wait until payment has cleared before you ship your item.
- DanceAndMusicExchange.com is not responsible for any fraudulent checks.
Relisting an Item
- If your item didn’t sell within 90 days, we will consider it as Expired.
- If you would like to Relist the item, simply click on the Relist link.
- You may want to come up with a different title, lower the starting price, or add a more detailed item description.
- If the item was added while you were a Subscriber, then we will not charge a fee to Relist the item.
- If the item was added while you as a Pay As You Go item, then the Relisting Fee will apply (50 cents).
- All sales and payments are in US Dollars
- Currency Conversions will be displayed on the website besides the U.S. Dollar Amounts. These are approximate conversions and are not to be considered as real-time conversions.
- Currency Conversions are made by PayPal or your credit card company.
We reserve the right to modify any items in violation of our guidelines in order to prevent abuse and keep the content appropriate for our general audience. This includes people of all ages, races, religions, and nationalities. Therefore, all items that are in violation of our guidelines are subject to being removed immediately and without prior notice.
By posting an item on our site, you agree to the following statement:
- I agree that I will be solely responsible for the content of any item that I post and sell on this website. I will not hold the owner of this website responsible for any losses or damages to myself or to others that may result directly or indirectly from any item(s) that I post here.
By posting an item on our website, you further agree to the following guidelines:
- No foul or otherwise inappropriate language will be tolerated. Items in violation of this rule are subject to being removed immediately and without warning. If it was a paid item, no refund will be issued.
- No racist, hateful, or otherwise offensive comments will be tolerated.
- No item promoting activities that are illegal under the current laws of this state or country.
- Any item that appears to be merely a test posting, a joke, or otherwise insincere or non-serious is subject to removal.
- We reserve the ultimate discretion as to which items, if any, are in violation of these guidelines.
Thank you for your understanding.